Washington Capitals Left Winger Appears on OvieStyle
NHL MVP Alexander Ovechkin signed the richest contract in NHL history (13 years for $124 million) but he still appreciates a good deal when he sees it. Now a multi-millionaire, Ovechkin continues to visit the Hair Cuttery salon near the Washington Capitals practice facility for a low cost hair cut. His appreciation for a quality trim at a great price has earned him a Hair Cuttery advertising endorsement contract and a microsite dedicated to his stylish looks www.OvieStyle.com.
- OvieStyle.com features behind-the-scenes video and images of Alexander Ovechkin at a Hair Cuttery photo shoot, hockey tips, grooming and hair advice, wallpapers and other downloads including a coupon for free Redken for Men Go Clean shampoo.
- Alexander Ovechkin/Hair Cuttery banner ads appear on sports and entertainment web sites throughout the hockey season and link fans to OvieStyle.com.
- From the Beltway to Pennsylvania Avenue, Metrobuses and Metrobus shelters feature the Ovechkin ad campaign.
- A mobile billboard cruises the streets around the Verizon Center in Chinatown and Penn Quarter at 36 Capitals home games.
- Ovechkin is a regular customer at the Hair Cuttery at Ballston Common Mall. The salon is adjacent to the Kettler Capitals Iceplex in Arlington, Virginia.
- The ad campaign and microsite are designed by TBC Advertising & Public Relations, Baltimore, Maryland
Attributable Quotes: Alexander Ovechkin
“I go to Hair Cuttery because I just pay $16 dollars and it makes me feel good and look good.”
(Hear other words of advice from Alexander at OvieStyle.com)
Attributable Quotes: Dennis Ratner, Hair Cuttery founder and CEO
“Ovie is a loyal Hair Cuttery customer because he knows he can drop in whenever he wants for an affordable and stylish cut that’s close to his home and the practice rink.”
“Those are the same benefits we offer to all our customers: an MVP cut that’s convenient to where you live and work for a price that’s less than a box of hockey pucks.”
Attributable Quotes: Allan Charles, TBC chairman and creative director
“Alex has a personality that really appeals to the everyday sports fan.”
“He may be a multi-millionaire, but he still appreciates a good hair cut that’s affordable and doesn’t take more than a half-hour out of his schedule.”
About Hair Cuttery
Hair Cuttery is the largest family-owned chain of salons in the country, with more than 900 company-owned locations on the East Coast, in New England and the Midwest. A full-service, value-priced salon, Hair Cuttery offers a full complement of cuts and styling, coloring, waxing and texturizing services with no appointment necessary, as well as a full line of professional hair care products. Hair Cuttery is a division of Ratner Companies, based in Vienna, Virginia.